Day off work today so I decided to try the SewCalGirl challenge. Made up my little quilt “sammies”, opened the iPad and watched the January video. Her leaves were beautiful. I tried my hand. My leaves were actually pretty good…until I turned it over. Definitely needed a tension adjustment. Adjusted the tension and sewed more leaves and it looked pretty on both sides.
With my confidence soaring, I moved on to the February tutorial. Just a bit more involved! But, hey, I can quilt leaves. I can quilt feathers. So I quilted feathers. At least they were supposed to be feathers. I have no idea what they really are! But I know I’ve never seen a bird with feathers like these! Tried it again with basically the same result. This is going to take a whole lot more practice! I wondered if there was an easier way. I decided that for today, the easier way was to wait until another day. Some days I don’t deal well with frustration. Today is one of them.