…and a bunch to go! But I’ve checked one project off my Summer To-Do list. My Gettysburg Sun is finished! Finally… I know I’ve whined about it a little bit…OK, a lot. But I finally finished it and took a step back and it actually doesn’t look too darn bad! It’s amazing how some imperfections disappear with a good night’s sleep. Having said that, I did “unsew” a few places. No amount of sleep would have saved those “straight” lines! Let’s just say, I’m glad the quilting police couldn’t pull me over. I’d be doin’ time in the slammer! So, here’s the finished product.
I think the part I’m proudest of is the green border. When I began the project and was full of optimism and enthusiasm, I decided to quilt a loopy design in that border. As my enthusiasm waned, I thought I just might take the easy way out and leave it plain. After all, it was only an inch or so wide. But I convinced myself to stick to the plan. If nothing else, it would be loopy practice. Although, believe me when I tell you that I’ve had plenty of practice at being loopy! Here’s my simplistic little border that I’m so proud of. Not so much the workmanship itself, but the fact that I did it at all!
The issues I had with quilting straight lines were well documented in a different whiny post so I won’t go into that again except to say that the lines did improve as I quilted more and below you can see the detail on one of the “suns”.
As you can see from the first photo, the quilt is finished with a sleeve and hanging on my front room wall. I’m very happy with the result and all is right with the world tonight. Now, on to the next one!