I’m beginning to love that song!
Yes!! I have another finished project. I purchased this pattern about a year ago. I put it on the back burner for a while. I guess I lit a fire under that burner when I decided I wanted to learn wool applique. I added the last border on my own. I didn’t think it looked finished without it. I like it very much!!
Here’s a close-up of my quilting on this piece. I used a stencil for this corner. I didn’t trust myself to do this free-hand. If you click on the picture you can see my freehand leaf border. Now, that’s something I like!! I have the leaf design down pretty good!
And here’s my first attempt at wool applique. I learned something while stitching this. I didn’t know that perle cotton came in different weights. I know it now! This was like stitching with a rope. I’m sure it would have been easier and the stitching finer if I had used lighter weight perle cotton. Ah well! Live and learn! I’m just glad I didn’t learn it on my Noah’s Ark project I plan to begin shortly. I’m going to a new quilt shop Saturday. I’ve called ahead and found that they carry Valdani perle cotton in various weights! So, that’s next on my list!
Two unfinished projects now finished! Whoohoo!!!!!